Dear Students: please CALL me for timely communication :)
-> -> -> -> -> ->
MORE IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT YOUR TEXTBOOK
We use the textbook Exploraciones 2nd edition for the full Spanish first Year (SPN 101, 102 and 103). You can buy the book by itself (access code to i-Lrn is required) . However, it is more cost effective to purchase Cengage Unlimited (ebook), which costs less than the book (@$119.95) and gives you access to all Cengage products (this can save you significant money if your other classes also use Cengage books).
If you purchase Cengage Unlimited, also RENT A HARD COPY OF THE BOOK. You can rent it through Cengage Unlimited (via Chegg) for $7.99 per term, or from many other renters for $15.00 (including amazon.com). However if you are taking more than one term of Spanish it is less expensive to buy the book new through Amazon.
The following links give you detailed information about how to sign in and set up your account for the class:
Pronunciation Exercises: Each chapter provides two pronunciation exercises to focus on the pronunciation of works or letters in Spanish. They do not show up in your assigned homework exercises. Instead, follow the steps below to access them.
1. Login to the homework site.
2. At the top left of the screen, click on the "View by Chapter" tab.
3. Unclick the "View assigned activities only" box.
4. Start scrolling down, down, down until you see purple icons and assignments that begin with S
5. Locate the pronunciation header. The exercise will begin with S1:P1 and so on.
6. Go through the exercises on your own. Do NOT submit anything. Practice a few times until you feel comfortable and you understand the concept.
7. Do not forget to switch back to "View by Date" when you're done.
Instructors can Logon here